Salary: £25k to £35k per annum (OTE, Depending on Experience)
This is an established role within one of clients, working closely with the existing Compressed Air and Vacuum Team dealing with the on-site commissioning, maintenance and repair of industrial stationary air compressors, vacuum and associated equipment.
This may involve complete strip downs and over-hauls on client machines at client sites. The successful candidate will ideally be located in West/South Yorkshire or within 20 miles of Leeds or Sheffield. A company vehicle is provided with this position.
To work within the team as a key member being responsible for the service and repair of customer’s industrial equipment, e.g. Compressors (Screw, Vane & Reciprocating) Dryers (Refrigeration & Desiccant) and Vacuum – this is mainly Atlas Copco, CompAir and Hydrovane.
- Service, Repair and Maintenance of Industrial Stationary Air Compressors and Associated Equipment in accordance with current regulations, manufacturer recommendations, and industry standards.
- Complete strip downs and over-hauls on client machines
- Communication with the Line Managers/Senior Engineers regarding progress and/or requirement of any additional works that may be required after assessment
- Preparation & submission of accurate, detailed and legible reports on the work carried out – using both paper and electronic reporting methods.
- Preparation and submission of any certification as required.
- Submission of parts & labour advice for any extra work required.
- Other duties may include delivery/collection of equipment & parts and also assisting other engineers both in the workshops and on site.
- Attend ‘call out’ to client sites outside normal working hours as required.
- Communicate effectively with all departments, ensuring a good working relationship for the benefit of the client and the Company.
Person and Essential Skills
- Good engineering skills, particularly with knowledge of all types of industrial air compressors and associated equipment (not portable compressors)
- Working knowledge of compressor electrical and control systems.Extensive Engineering experience and/or recognised qualifications.
- Must be able to work within strict time-frames and on own initiative.
- Good communication skills with ability to discuss engineering issues with Customers, Works Engineers and senior personnel within companies.
- Full UK driving licence (or European Equivalent – Std Licence up to 3.5 tonnes)
- Basic working knowledge of H&S issues, documentation, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Personal Safety as well as current legislation relating to the tasks being undertaken.
- Ability to fit in as part of the team.
Other desirable skills
- An understanding of basic compression principles including flow, pressure and volume.
- An understanding of drying & filtration principles.
- Ability to read drawings
- Electrical fault finding abilities.
- Knowledge of Vacuum is a desirable skill but not essential.
- Mobile Phone,
- Company Van
- Bonus Structure
- Overtime availability OTE to £35k
- 22 days holiday per annum plus statutory holidays