Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 depending on qualifications, skills and experience
This is an established role within a Company, working closely with the existing team in Leeds.
To work within a small team as a key member being responsible for the service and repair of customer’s cars & light commercial vehicles. The customer base of the client includes local businesses, the general public, and our own fleet of vehicles.
- Service, Repair and Maintenance of our own fleet of vehicles made up of cars and light commercials
- Service, Repair and Maintenance of client vehicles
- Diagnosis of faults
- MOT’s to Class IV vehicles
- Cost work, prepare invoices and maintain vehicle records using our computerised system
- Ordering spare parts
- General housekeeping
Person and Essential Skills
- Must be competent at all aspects of vehicle servicing, plus general repairs e.g. timing belts, clutches, brakes, etc
- Must be qualified to undertake MOT’s, though training may be given to the right candidate
- Minimum of Vehicle Technician NVQ Level 3 or demonstrable experience
- Solid knowledge of vehicle diagnostics
- Must be able to work within strict time frames and on own initiative.
- Good written and oral communication skills with ability to discuss issues with Customers, Works Engineers and senior personnel within companies.
- Basic IT skills as a minimum
- Full UK driving licence (or European Equivalent – Std Licence up to 3.5 tonnes)
- Basic working knowledge of H&S issues, documentation, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Personal Safety as well as current legislation relating to the tasks being undertaken.
- Be a good team player with ability to work at a consistently high standard to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded.
Package/ Hours of Work
- 22 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. Monday to Friday (40 hours)
- (some overtime may be available but is not guaranteed)
- Overtime is available and currently employees may do approx. 1 hour per day Monday to Friday and 4 hours on a Saturday morning (depending on the needs of the client and is therefore not guaranteed). Overtime is paid at an agreed overtime rate.
- As is normal within the industry own tools are required though the company will provide specialist tools.