Salary: £18,000 to £21,500 per annum (Depending on Experience)
This is an established role within the Company, working closely with the Works Divisional Manager/Works Office Manager in our Works Division in Leeds dealing with the repair and service of fleet hire equipment, including hydraulic platforms, mobile compressors, golf buggies and other mechanical plant and equipment. Also hire accommodation units, e.g. Welfare units, security stores, office and toilet facilities. The Candidate may be required to work on our own equipment or equipment belonging to our clients.
To work within the team as a key member, responsible for the service and repair of the fleet hire equipment and client equipment as described above. The Candidate will be required to work in our Leeds depot but after a successful probationary period you may be offered the opportunity to work on client sites.
The Works Divisional Manager at Leeds, but will be accountable for their own tasks on a daily basis.
- Service, repair, and maintenance of the hire fleet machinery as described above.
- Service, repair, and maintenance of client machinery as described above.
- Complete engine disassembly and over-hauls on company and client equipment
- Ensure that work is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Communication with the Works Divisional Manager/Works Office Manager regarding progress of works.
- You may be required to deliver or collect parts and/or materials during our busy season
- Any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager
- Essential Skills
- Engineering experience and/or recognised qualifications
- Good engineering skills, particularly knowledge of one or all of the following:
- diesel and petrol engines,
- hydraulic systems, and
- auto electrics
- Full UK driving licence (or European Equivalent – Std Licence up to 3.5 tonnes)
- Must be able to work within strict time-frames
- Good communication skills with ability to discuss issues with Works Divisional Manager/Works Office Manager and other internal and external personnel
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Desirable skills
- General DIY skills that may include working knowledge / experience of joinery, plumbing, or electrical works
Holidays: 22 days per annum plus statutory holidays