Salary: £35k per annum (OTE, Depending on Experience)
Due to the impending retirement of a long service team member our client has an opening for an experienced, enthusiastic Sales Engineer to join a well established team. The Sales Engineer will be based from our clients Leeds Head Office within the Compressed Air Sales Division.
- To promote our range of equipment, associated products, and service agreements to a range of OEM’s and manufacturing companies in your allocated area.
- To achieve agreed targets by developing our existing client base and building relationships with previous and new clients.
- To understand, and explain with confidence, the technical complexities of the products and be confident to promote these using energy saving potentials.
- To have the drive, energy and enthusiasm to develop new business, build relationships and maximise market coverage.
The Divisional Manager of our Compressed Air Sales Division, but will also be individually accountable for their tasks on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.
- Creating new leads by using historical data, internet, and visiting prospective clients
- Develop long-term relationships with clients through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Creating and meeting regular sales targets
- Obtaining essential client information to enable a meaningful quotation
- Updating customer databases and reviewing information with the Sales Manager
- Provide pre and post sales technical assistance and support to clients
- Project management of installations and ability to work with our own and client project teams
- Providing analysis of costs and sales reports at agreed intervals to the Divisional Manager
- Liaison with other members of the sales/technical/admin teams
Person Specification Essential Skills
- Ability to demonstrate a solid mechanical / engineering / technical background
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the principles of their Equipment and their installation.
- The ability to demonstrate a background of sales skills in an engineering environment.
- The ability to find and get through the door of potential customers
- The ability to be able to negotiate and close deals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- Focused, well organised, and a good time manager
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Smart appearance with a pleasant personality, good interpersonal skills and a flexible, professional work ethic.
- Full car driving licence, with a record of safe and careful driving.
- Previous experience or knowledge of one or more of the following brands; Atlas Copco, Compair, BOGE, HPC, Ingersoll Rand
- Knowledge of compressed air installations pipework, duct works and compressor installations
- In house training would be provided specific to the company’s products and systems.
- A full development plan will be agreed and implemented
Hours: 8.45 a.m. to 5.15 p.m. Monday to Friday (37.5 hours)
Holidays: 22 days per annum plus statutory holidays
Benefits: Company Car, lap top, mobile phone, Statutory government pension scheme